Energy Modeling for Energy Optimization
Information from energy simulation software is critical in the design and major renovation of energy-efficient commercial buildings. Most energy modeling software programs are hourly, whole building energy analysis programs that calculate energy performance and provide an economic analysis of building operation. These programs use a description of the building layout, constructions, operating schedules, conditioning systems (lighting, HVAC, etc.), and utility rates provided by the user, along with weather data, to perform an hourly simulation of the building and to estimate utility bills.
Building owners and design teams use our energy modeling services to:
- Identify cost-effective, energy efficiency and renewable energy strategies.
- Select designs to achieve building energy goals.
- Meet calculation requirements and demonstrate savings to earn energy efficiency incentives.
- Assess building operations to ensure long-term energy performance.
- Calculate energy performance for LEED and/or energy code.